Pages

Friday, 3 August 2012

Stormwall done

After 1 week and 4 days, I've finally finished painting Stormwall. It sure seemed easy at first since the model was so easy to assemble but it still took a damn long time. 


I started out by partially assembling it and then painting the different parts seperately. I seperated the leg portion, the torso and the arms from each other.

Once I finished each part, I magnetized the arms so it would be much easier to keep within my KR Multicase foamtrays. Unlike battlefoam, I don't have any that go up to 6" so I've had to store Stormwall horizontally.
Because the arms are entirely resin, the magnets haven't had an issue with sticking together. This might be a different issue with the Conquest however, which has HUGE arms. Like king kong sized ones. I'll think of something when the time comes. Or rather when Privateerpress sends the parts I'm missing -_-.


Here's a size comparison with the battle engine for Khador; the GunCarriage, which was the biggest model I had painted to date. That took me close to 2 weeks too and was much harder to assemble, mostly cause of a lot of faults. You can see the Stormwall is almost 2x the height of the battle engine.
Here's another big from the front, depicting its size compared to a normal human figurine. It's frigging HUGE.